The Leadership Excellence Award distinguishes a select group of individuals from diverse fields who exhibit exceptional leadership qualities. The focus of the award is to give prominence to accomplishments of men and women who exceed the scope of what is expected in their organizations and communities.
The award is open to upper level executives who hold considerable clout within their organizations. Recipients of this award must be nominated and undergo a rigorous selection process. To be considered for this award, individuals must meet the criteria in the following categories.
- Retain an extraordinary background of developing, growing and improving organizations the individual has been or is currently affiliated with.
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and fairness through ethical and moral leadership, enhancing the credibility of the individual and the organization as a whole.
- Serve as a role model for other individuals in the profession by setting the example in ways that are consistent shared values and goals of their respective organizations.
- Empower those around them by promoting achievement, goal attainment and continuous advancement of his/her organization.
- Effectively builds relationships with subordinates while encouraging and inspiring personal and professional development in colleagues.
- Foster collaboration by promoting cooperative goals and building trust through employee inclusion and teamwork.
- Challenge the norm by investigating and formulating challenging opportunities to change, grow, innovate and improve the organization’s mission and overall goals. Inspire a shared vision by developing and communicating his/her vision for the future, and engaging others to actively participate in accomplishing that vision.
- Foster positive, creative work environment and embraces innovation and creativity in all aspects of their professional activities.
- Submit individual's name, company name and job title (if applicable)
- Submit, in bullet point form, the reasons why the individual should be considered based on the criteria listed above
- Forward your submission(s) to Dennis Kennedy at email@example.com or click Nominate below to fill out our form
- The deadline for nominations is August 31, 2017
Takes you to National Diversity Awards