The purpose of the DiversityFIRST™ Award program is to recongize individuals, community groups, non-profit organizations, and business establishments within the legal, academic, corporate, and/or health community that have demonstrated outstanding achievements and sustained commitment to the pursuit of cultural diversity and inclusion in the community and workplace.
- Demonstrated dedication to raising issues of diversity and protecting civil and human rights
- Led the development of innovative or contemporary measures to fight discrimination and the effects
- Fostered positive communication and actively promoted inter-group relations among persons of different backgrounds
- Participates in a variety of corporate and community events that promotes mutual respect, acceptance, cooperation or tolerance
- Developed and implemented an effective equal opportunity or affirmative action program as demonstrated by a diversified work force
- Exhibit visionary and insightful leadership to confront and resolve inequities through strategic decision-making allocation of resources, and establishment of priorities
- Cultivate and promote diversity initiatives that establish and foster a more inclusive and equitable work/learning environment
- Demonstrated corporate responsibility by devoting resources for the improvement of the community.
- Submit individual's name, company name and job title (if applicable)
- Submit, in bullet point form, the reasons why the individual should be considered based on the criteria listed above
- Forward your submission(s) to Dennis Kennedy at email@example.com or click Nominate below to fill out our form
- Deadline for submission is August 31, 2017
Takes you to National Diversity Awards