The entire world continues to become more diverse, and that includes employees, customers and clients across the profit, non-profit and government sectors. In today’s climate, all professionals need to understand the basics of diversity, equity and inclusion. DEI is about much more than simple compliance; to succeed in today’s world in any aspect of business or services, enterprises must leverage diversity for strategic advantage and have DEI integrated into all aspects of their operations.
- The basic definitions of diversity, equity and inclusion; including the evolution of the diversity field and theories of diversity.
- A deep dive into the many dimensions of diversity.
- The compelling business case of diversity, equity and inclusion, including how to calculate a financial business case.
- Why and how DEI must be part of any organization’s core strategy.
- An introduction on the various organizational processes that DEI can impact.
- An introduction on how to build DEI into your organizational culture.
Implicit Bias Certificate
Implicit Bias is a pervasive phenomenon that greatly impacts our personal lives and the workings of all organizations. Implicit bias refers to the attitudes of stereotypes that affect our understanding, actions and decisions in an unconscious manner. And even though it is often hard to admit or see that everyone has unconscious bias, it can easily impact and even derail the best intentions of fostering inclusion within an organization. This session includes:
- Understanding the concepts of implicit bias and its relationship to stereotyping, micro-inequities and “the isms.”
- Understanding the impact that implicit bias and its relatives can have in personal as well as organizational dynamics.
- Having the tools and processes to address and mitigate unconscious bias in your personal life as well as in your organization
- Leaving with helpful ideas and next steps to take and commit to action.